- Clean and rinse the squid. Score and cut into pieces. Marinate shrimps, squid and scallops with 20mL white wine and ground white pepper for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth to simmer. Reduce to low heat to keep the warm.
- In a pan, add some oil on medium heat. Add onion and sauté until fragrant. Add the Kumai Premium American Pearl Rice and sauté for 3 minutes then deglaze with white wine.
- When the rice has absorbed the white wine, add mashed pumpkin and mix well.
- Ladle the chicken broth just enough to cover the rice and let it simmer until the rice has absorbed the broth and keep stirring.
- Repeat step 5 until the rice is cooked. When adding the last batch of chicken broth, add the seafood, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. Stir well until the rice has thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, salt, black pepper and mix well. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Ready to serve.
Kumai Premium American Pearl Rice 200g
Mashed Pumpkin 150g
Shrimps 6 pcs
Onion 1/2 pc
Parmesan cheese, grated 20g
Chicken broth 600mL
White wine 200mL
Italian seasoning 1 tsp
Ground white pepper